In 2015 we have commenced the Marie-Curie ITN project EJD-FunMat, with 15 PhD projects which are grouped into 6 thematic clusters. Please click on the project titles below to view detailed descriptions.
Each project has two academic supevisors from different countries, and an industry partner. On the level of clusters, two or three PhD candidates and their supervisors will work together.
Cluster Transparent Conductors
- 2015-03-MC Transparent electrodes based on Ag nanowire networks: Fabrication, modelling and optimization of their properties (GINP, ULG)
- 2015-04-MC Engineering Interfaces of Silicon to Transparent Conducting Oxides for Photocatalysis (UCL, TUDA)
- 2015-05-MC Novel doping strategy for optimising transparent oxide electrodes (TUDA, GINP)
Cluster Lead-Free Piezoelectrics
Cluster Cellulose-based Polymers
- 2015-10-MC Sustainable functionalization of bacterial cellulose for the design of innovative bio-based nanomaterials (UAVR, UBX)
- 2015-11-MC Sustainable cellulose regeneration and derivatization (KIT, UBX)
- 2015-12-MC Precision design of novel bio-based and ethylene-based copolymers : application to advanced nanocomposites (ULG, KIT)
Cluster Bone Tissue Engineering
- 2015-13-MC Surface biofunctionalization of porous 3D scaffolds for bone tissue engineering (UCL, GINP)
- 2015-14-MC Engineered microchannels for vascularization in bone tissue engineering (UBX, UCL)
- 2015-15-MC Mesenchymatic Stem Cells stemness or differentiation for bone tissue engineering (UBX, LIST)